Skip to content
- Since tea is dry, any type of moisture can ruin it, which is why itâ€™s best to store tea in an airtight container.
- Keep tea away from heat, which can degrade your tea.Â Donâ€™t keep your tea near a window or a stove.Â Itâ€™s best when kept at room temperature.
- Tea absorbs odours easily from the air around it, so store it away from anything with too strong of a smell, like spices or coffee.
- Youâ€™ll notice some tea sellers will vacuum-seal the tea bags, and thatâ€™s to keep out any air, which will give tea a longer shelf life.Â Take the air out of zip bags first before sealing it to take out as much air as possible.
- Keep tea away from light since it can deteriorate your tea.Â This is why itâ€™s not recommended to store tea in glass jars unless itâ€™s kept in a dark place.